Monday, January 26, 2009

Against the Ravens - January 18, 2009

I found the Ravens game to be entertaining enough to watch; it, thankfully, ended up being a higher scoring outing than expected. However, I couldn't resist drawing comparisons between our offense and that of the Titans the week before: we somehow allowed the Ravens' more inefficient offense (Flacco's poor QB rating evinced that he might not be the rookie phenom people were making him out to be and clearly needs more experience, I believe) to remain within reach in the race to put up points on the board. Thank goodness our D stepped up to the turf again when the offense was failing to produce easy field goals on every possession; hats off to Polamalu's well-timed INT, of course. I have a nervous feeling about the Cards matchup; the sports media and Vegas oddmakers seem to be placing the Cards in quite the underdog position. I feel leery that Whisenhunt and Grimm will be quite prepared for our offensive playcalling or at least could make pretty accurate predictions. Rest assured they will certainly feel the fire in the belly to show up their former employer. I expect that Tomlin will avoid trick play-calling in favor of more direct smash-mouth play from the offense in light of a few plays which did not turn out so well during the Ravens game. An intriguing match-up, I'm expecting...and we're lucky that the Ravens were not quite the offensive powerhouse of a team that I believe the Cards might prove to be...

To quote from "This Is Spinal Tap":
Derek Smalls: We're lucky.
David St. Hubbins: Yeah.
Derek Smalls: I mean, people should be envying us, you know.
David St. Hubbins: I envy us.
Derek Smalls: Yeah.
David St. Hubbins: I do.
Derek Smalls: Me too.

Here we go Stillers! :)

No comments: