Monday, December 15, 2008

Against the Ravens - December 14, 2008

As advertised, it was a real slug-fest in the trenches for the two defenses and painfully low-scoring. Knowing that M&T Stadium was going to be loud and hostile, I am still not sure why we did not utilize a no-huddle offense (Remember the Colts game in 2006?) and avoid those frustrating false start penalties early on. The defense, of course, to the end, played with heart and steel. I believe our special teams showed their warts, as evidenced by the muffed punt and the Ravens' favorable starting field position, time and again; this definitely has to be addressed before the playoffs. I am pleased that Ben Roe, Ward, Holmes and the O-line all engineered that final nail-biting drive to the endzone, but hope they know, for all of the fans' sanities, that it IS possible to score touchdowns during ALL four quarters of the football game within the playoffs?? ;) I will say that it was all worth it to see Ray "I Should Be in Jail" Lewis angry on the sidelines at the end. For that, I'll quote Tony Montana in Scarface: "Now you're talking to me baby! That I like! Keep it coming!"

No comments: